- CHANGE WINDOW WinNum
- change the active window to the given window number. The
active window is the one in which the interactive cursor will
appear when it is invoked.
- window numbering starts now from 1 (Fortran like) instead of 0
(C like). So in most of the cases the main window of the
current directory has now number 1, and the zoom window (if
any) has number 2.
- was performing a CLEAR PLOT
- now performs a CLEAR ALL (see after).
- CLEAR ALPHA
- commands is renamed (new name to be defined). It is supposed
to bring to front (or focus) the graphic window (CLEAR
ALPHA means hide the alphanumeric terminal).
- reason: too many keywords accepted by CLEAR + keywords
have no meaning for those who did not know the old devices
- remark: this feature is poorly supported on Linux window
managers (too many applications must have excessively used
this, so that the window managers are very restrictive now).
- CLEAR DIRECTORY [DirName]
- the old behavior was to make the directory and its content
invisible for later destruction by COMPRESS.
- command behaves differently: CLEAR DIRECTORY DirName
empties the directory named DirName. As a consequence,
this clears the windows seeing this directory. Without
argument the content of the current working directory is
removed. Segments are now really deleted.
- reason: need a command which clears the content of a window i.e.
of a top directory (usually). Need also to minimize the number of
keywords accepted by CLEAR for clarity.
- the old behavior (destruction of the directory) is ensured by the
new command DESTROY DIRECTORY DirName.
- CLEAR SEGMENT
- without argument, command was deleting the last segment
created in the metacode.
- without argument, command behaves slightly differently: it
deletes the last created segment in the current working
directory, which can be different from the old behavior.
- reason: the metacode is now growing dynamically and the
segments have lost their ``temporality''. Actually the new
behavior seems better than the previous one.
- no way to mimic exactly the old behavior
- NB: CLEAR SEGMENT Name behaves as before, except it
really deletes the segment now (in the past it could have only
made the segment invisble for later deletion by COMPRESS).
- METACODE IMPORT|EXPORT
- Backward compatibility is broken.