- CHANGE CLEAR TREE|WHOLE, DISPLAY CLEAR
- commands were controling and displaying the behavior of CLEAR PLOT
- reason: associated CLEAR TREE and CLEAR WHOLE are removed.
- CHANGE ZOOM NEW|CURRENT
- command was controling the default behavior of ZOOM,
i.e. if the zoom should be performed in the main or in a new
- CHANGE ZOOM is removed since the zoom is now always
performed in a new window.
- CHANGE DRAW ON|OFF, and GREG1SET DRAW ON|OFF
- commands were both disabling (OFF) the real-time drawing
of the new segments being added to the metacode, and drawing
them (ON) later on.
- reason: associed mode is removed in the Fortran API (see
comments on gtview at section .
- CLEAR GRAPHIC
- command was supposed to bring to front (or focus) the terminal
(CLEAR GRAPHIC means hide the graphic window).
- reason: not supported on any known modern window managers +
too many keywords accepted by CLEAR + keywords have no
meaning for those who did not know the old devices like
- CLEAR PLOT
- reason: there was a confusion between plot clearing and
- in the simplest case, you have one window, and you are working
in the top directory (probably <GREG): just type CLEAR to erase the content of the current directory and clear
- if you have several windows: i) if you want to clear
one window, type CLEAR TopDir where TopDir is the
directory associated to the window you want to clear, ii) but
if you want to kill one directory and its associated
window, type DESTROY TopDir
- finally if you want to reset all your plots i.e. get back the
startup status, type DESTROY ALL.
- CLEAR TREE
- reason: too many keywords associated to the command CLEAR, can
be replaced in the new GTV context
- use CLEAR DIRECTORY TopDir instead, or CHANGE
DIRECTORY (with no argument, it goes to the top directory) +
CLEAR DIRECTORY (with no argument, it erases the content
of the current directory).
- CLEAR WHOLE
- reason: too many keywords associated to the command CLEAR,
- use CLEAR without argument instead
- CLEAR WINDOW [Num]
- reason: name is ambiguous, too many keywords associated to the
- use DESTROY WINDOW [Dir [Num]] instead. No way to
destroy (from the command line) the current window only. For the
old CLEAR WINDOW ZOOM, use ZOOM OFF or DESTROY
WINDOW ZOOM instead.
- CREATE DIRECTORY|WINDOW /PIXEL
- option /PIXEL Nx Ny is removed. It was overiding the
default size of the new window opened by the command.
- reason: new option /GEOMETRY does the same and more (see
detailed description hereafter)
- use CREATE DIRECTORY|WINDOW /GEOMETRY Nx Ny for an
- CREATE DIRECTORY /SIZE
- option /SIZE is renamed /PLOT_PAGE for symmetry
with command GREGSET PLOT_PAGE) which does
the same afterwards. These commands define the physical size
of the plotting area of a top directory.
- HARDCOPY /PLOT
- option /PLOT for command HARDCOPY is renamed /PRINT.
- reason: nowadays we use printers, not plotters.
- GREG1SHOW DRAW
- command was displaying the current real-time or delayed
- reason: associated command GREG1SET DRAW
ON|OFF is removed.
- ZOOM REFRESH
- command is renamed REFRESH
- reason: we may want to redraw any kind of window, not only
- ZOOM /NEW|/CURRENT
- options were indicating if the zoom had to be performed in the
main or in a new window
- these options are removed since it not possible anymore to
zoom in the main window (i.e. /NEW is implicit now)
- ZOOM /REGION
- reason: not available on MS Windows, unused, duplicate of the new
- ZOOM buttons
- "A" (Clear alphanumeric screen) is removed
- reason: same as CLEAR ALPHA