Next: Observing Procedures
Up: An Introduction to the
Previous: Documentation and Help
Because of peculiarities of the interferometer, proposals must be written
with special care. Even at the proposal stage, it is of the utmost
importance to provide the following parameters:
This information is absolutely required to decide about the feasibility of
the program, a prerequisite before the program committee can consider the
- A source list with accurate coordinates.
- A source list with velocities and line width for spectral line
- Observing frequencies.
- Required spatial and spectral resolution, and estimate of required
- For special cases: Required accuracy of the bandpass
calibration (e.g., a weak line on a strong continuum, high
precision relative astrometry).
- Dates to be avoided during scheduling, because of sun avoidance (a
circle of 35 degree radius), phase stability requirements (daytime is
often useless in summer), or other reasons (specify).
- Any other stringent constraint (e.g. coordinated observations).